Keeping your Airbnb customers happy is imperative to keeping your listing afloat and thriving. When potential customers see your rave reviews, it will become an easy decision for them to choose your home over the competitor’s. In today’s shared economy, reviews are truly your “currency” for success.
Good reviews start with a host’s genuine concern for their guests.
Keeping your Airbnb customers happy shouldn’t be about the review. Rather, the true core of offering short term rentals is being a sincere, good host. With Airbnb, you are sharing a part of your life and story with people from around the world. You want your guests to enjoy and feel comfortable in your home, as with any friend or family member who walks through the door. We want to make sure guests are so happy with their stay that they becoming repeat visitors.
Host others that way you want to be hosted.
You should set up your listings and properties so that your guests are as contented as possible. The same way you would like to be hosted if you were at a 5 star hotel or with dear loved ones (or even better). Keeping true to yourself by being genuine in your work will be reflected in your listing reviews. Not only are the majority of reservations based on repeat visitors, but a single bad review that’s posted to Airbnb can dissuade innumerable new renters from staying at your property. As an Airbnb host, stay sincere and keep these tips and tricks in mind to alleviate the potential problem of “bad reviews” before it ever becomes an issue. By doing so, you will generate lifelong fans in the process.
Little details make all the difference.
Like hotels, guests expect amenities during their stay that mirror what they are comfortable with at home. As there are MANY listings to pick from, you must make sure your listing stands out to help potential customers make the right choice. Setting yourself apart from other listings by showcasing your attention to detail will increase your potential return on investment (ROI) significantly. With Skye Management, our expertise helps us provide you a full list of what’s needed to make your property distinctive and keep your guests comfortable and happy.
Here is a check-list to demonstrate your dedication to excellence:
- Internet access. No one wants to use their phone data while on vacation. Even though most of us like to try to “unplug” while on vacation, the reality is that some people will have to work remotely, research trip details, have children that want to use their tablets or simply want to keep in touch with the world while they’re away. This is where having the option of connecting to Wi-Fi is a game changer. In this day and age, internet access is extremely important to have.
- TVs with premium channels, including HBO. Whether it’s movie night for a family, a binge-worthy rainy day or watching a UFC fight, providing these options will make for a relaxed stay.
- Kitchen set-up. Keurig machines, cookware sets, toaster (or toaster oven), blenders, and other household appliances really make a difference in one’s stay. Our goal is to bring the comfort of home to someone’s vacation destination. These small details help make for a remarkable stay for guests.
- A keyless entry system. This helps your guests feel flexible and relaxed with arriving at any time they want, which is why most prefer it. Having to schedule a live meeting for a key exchange can be difficult if guests arrive in the middle of the night, during holidays, or have limited phone reception (especially if travelling from overseas). Plus, some guests like to grocery shop before getting to the property; while others want to stop to watch the sunset or grab dinner first. Having the option of entering the property with keyless entry helps keep all these options open to provide the utmost convenience. However, live check-ins are still an option with Skye Management and are actually encouraged to create a more personal experience with each guest.
- Open communication. Beginning with the inquiry, your response time shows your guest how committed you are to them. Skye Management prides itself in making sure each and every guest feels like they are taken care of from the start. Once a reservation is made, informing guests with details of how to get to the property and how to access the house will help welcome them before they even get there. Open communication helps keep the guest feel like their needs and worries are being taken care of. Try to take the time to call or message then when they arrive at your home so they know you are available to them whenever they need. This also means keeping them in the loop with anything that has to do with the property. Whether there is a maintenance call or someone coming by to clean, make sure that your guest is aware that someone is coming by. Nobody likes surprises!
- Make a good first impression. In addition to following the first five recommendations above, try to decorate and organize your home in a way that feels inviting and cozy to help guests fall in love with your home immediately. You can also make them feel welcome with things like a welcome binder that details local restaurants and activities or a small welcome gift. Something as small as bread from a local bakery or a bottle of wine can make a great impression on your guests.
- Addressing any problems quickly during the duration of the stay. Once a guest arrives and is pleased with their accommodations, issues could still come up during their stay that could change everything. This could be as big as a broken washer or a leak, to smaller issues like internet that won’t connect. Fortunately, with Skye Management, we are able to address these issues immediately. For some smaller issues, you may even find it convenient to have a home manual with instructions for appliance use, internet connection and other useful explanations for your home.
- Easy check-out. Make sure check-out instructions are clear from the beginning. This helps with a smooth transition out. Again, keyless check outs are extremely helpful when travel plans cause guests to be tight on time.
- Following-up after the stay. Once the guests have left, make sure to send them a message and thank them for their stay, give them feedback and welcome them back again. At this time you could also ask for any feedback they had regarding their stay. Some guests may have some recommendations on how to change things in the house to make the next guest feel more comfortable. Be open to constructive criticism and thoughtful in your responses, this will only improve the experience for your future guests!
- Request a review. If your guests had a positive experience with good feedback, encourage them to leave you a positive review on your Airbnb site. A positive trip should not go unnoticed.
The crucial part of being a host is to provide convenience and transparency throughout their stay. It’s all about the details, from the first inquiry to check-out. Make a lasting impression that will leave them blown away. Plus, a happy guest means a happy host. When everyone is happy life is just better!
Feeling overwhelmed? Let us take care of all of this, and more, with our high-quality professional Sky Management team.